HIS LOVE AND SONSHINE hired Charles Byaruhanga to be our ministry's child sponsorship coordinator!
Please welcome him to the team! Charles and his wife Dorcus and their daughters are longtime friends of my family and of some of the board members too! Charles and his wife have a huge heart for Gateway Nursery and Primary School and His Love and SONshine. We are so excited he and his family are officially a part of the His Love and SONshine team!
The Bio and Job Description from Charles Byaruhanga, "My name is Charles Byaruhanga, 36years of age, married to Dorcus Byaruhanga. We have three daughters namely Hannah Zion, Delight Zion and Purity Zion. I am a founder of Ruhanga Eco-Safaris, a travel and tour company that embraces responsible tourism by conserving nature as we thrill our clients with social adventuring and geographical study.
I met the director of HL&S it's now 6 years ago while working as a driver for GO-BE LOVE ministry and we became friends from that day onwards. I want to thank God for Rachel Mary, Madam Suzanne Guy, Madam Cindy and Mr Ken, who stood with me and my family during the Covid-19 pandemic, offering us the much-needed support at the time.
At the beginning of this month, Madam Rachel Mary asked if I could take up the responsibility of working as a coordinator of HL&S at Gateway school. This was an obvious yes for me because it is a privilege and a blessing for me to serve the children. I had already developed interest in loving and ministering to the kids when I went to Gateway school earlier before.
And I am looking forward to serve the kids through my essential duties and functions as stipulated below;
• To Check and see if sponsored children are attending school at Gateway on a weekly basis, and a written report monthly, as HL&S sponsors are donating to assure their sponsored child is receiving an education.
• Serve as a vital in-country communication link to HL&S and be present on all HL&S board zoom meetings.
• Provide updates, including written information and photos, related to children and child sponsorships so that BrightPoint will be able to keep the HL&S website updated to maximize child sponsorship opportunities.
• Coordinate with ministry partners to write and/or edit emails, letters, and other sponsorship stories/information as needed.
• Maintain communication with ministry partners to collect and update sponsorship profiles and pertinent sponsorship information.
In conclusion. I will be able to go to Bwerenga school 2 times a month. Please, keep my family in prayers for God's protection, provision, and good health in Jesus name!
And I believe with the help of God I am excited to work with HLSM.
God bless you all."
Leave a Reply.
When Rachel Guy was in elementary school, she was fascinated by children in African countries; her heart was particularly drawn to children who had been orphaned. At the age of twelve, the country of Uganda became the focus of Rachel’s interest and concern when a close family friend, Nancy Wellham, invited her to join her on a mission’s trip there. It was on this trip that Rachel visited Gateway Nursery and Primary school and fell in love with the people there. Four years ago, Rachel was shocked when she was invited to start a ministry for the school. With humility and gratitude, she said, “Yes” to this unlikely adventure with God.